Silver Pen Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the Silver Pen Scholarship!
This year’s topic for Marsh’s Edge is:
Our members at our community have built and continue to build their legacies. They are all inspirational in their own way. Right now, you are nearing your high school graduation and preparing for your future. What do you want your legacy to be? What do you want to have accomplished? What are your goals in life? What is your definition of living a good life?
All applications are due February 14th, 2020.APPLY HERE
Silver Pen is open to:
- All high school seniors who live or attend school within 25 miles of Marsh’s Edge
- Community employees and children of employees
- Residents limited families – grand (great grand) children, nieces and nephews (grand nieces and nephews)
- Essay must be the applicant’s original work
- Applicants may only enter one time. If you enter at more than one site you will be disqualified.
- Essays must be a minimum of 1000 words and DOUBLE SPACED. (Please include a cover page and any necessary citations on a works cited page.)
- Quotations may be used sparingly and sources must be clearly identified
- It is recommended that a teacher or professor reviews essay before submission
The following items must be included with your application:
- Application Form
- Copy of Transcript (can be unofficial)
- Personal Essay
SILVER PEN BASICS
- Each community chooses an essay topic this year’s competition. Topics will not be released until the day Silver Pen is released to schools.
- Members at each community will select three winners.
- Winners will receive their awards at a special Silver Pen Ceremony.
Where to Apply
Click the follow button to navigate to the Silver Pen website and submit your application online:APPLY HERE