Rehab Services in St Simons Island, GA
Rehab at Marsh’s Edge in St Simons Island, GA is an upscale Rehab senior care retirement community. A move to Marsh’s Edge means access to a full continuum of care services all under one roof. You will never have to go through a move again.
St Simons Island Rehab at Marsh’s Edge is designed for one purpose – to help our residents enjoy their families and friends and remain independent and happier as they age!
Marsh’s Edge offers additional services and amenities such as:
- Providing care in a luxury apartment home
- Developing a curated social and dining lifestyle that encourages families to visit often
- Offering an all-inclusive, transparent pricing model that’s easy to understand and allows our families to plan long-term
- Housing a continuum of services under one roof so future moves can be avoided
Rehab pricing in St Simons Island click here.
The Retreat, holding a full CCRC license for Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing Units, is staffed by a full complement of qualified individuals dedicated to providing outstanding services. This includes a Registered Nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Retreat is Marsh’s Edge’s home to a wonderful group of friends and neighbors who’ve moved here for three basic reasons: 1– to receive assistance with the day to day tasks of living, 2– enjoy a higher quality of life and 3-participate in rehabilitation after a hospital stay.
We offer physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy, both for members of our community as well as outside guests.
Through Genesis Rehabilitation Services, we can treat patients with a variety of conditions. We help you with the healthy aging process, but also treat more complex diagnoses such as stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, dementia, low vision, dysphasia, lymphedema, post surgical joint replacement, pain management, and more.
Physical TherapyPhysical therapy restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. Individualized therapeutic treatment may include:
- Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range-of-motion
- Wound care
- Pain management
Occupational TherapyOccupational therapy assists individuals with adapting to their social and physical environment. Therapists enhance patient functionality through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement
Speech-Language TherapySpeech-language pathologists address communication and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for individual needs, such as:
- Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including programs for the hearing impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations